Selection, Rules, Procedures, and Responsibilities
- In order to be eligible for the 2023 Homecoming Royalty, a person must be enrolled as a full time student at the University of Iowa (currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours for undergraduate students, 9 semester hours for graduate students).
- The applicant must have senior status (90 semester hours or more). Graduate students are more than welcome to apply.
- There is no formal GPA requirement, but we encourage students to be active in the classroom environment.
- Applications must be submitted electronically by Friday, September 15th, 2023 at 5:00PM.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges to determine selections for interviews. Applicants will be notified regarding an interview decision via email by the Directors of Student Engagement. Interviews will be held online during the week of October 10th, 2022.
- A panel of preliminary judges will review each application. The panel will consist of University of Iowa alumni. To ensure impartiality, the names of the judges will not be released until the interview.
- Each preliminary judge will score the applications based on the following criteria:
- Involvement in University activities and organizations.
- Academic pursuits, interests, and achievements.
- Demonstration of leadership skills and abilities.
- Service to the community.
- Thoughtfulness and skill shown in response to questions.
- Enthusiasm and sincerity.
- Scores given by all preliminary judges will be compiled and broken down as such: written responses = 80 points; recommendation form = 20 points.
- The interview will consist of standard questions, which will be posed to all candidates. The questions will pertain to the criteria given to the preliminary judging. In addition, judges will be allowed to ask questions based on the candidate’s responses and/or their applications.
- The two students selected as Homecoming Royalty will receive monetary scholarships from the Emrich Homecoming Fund through the UI Center for Advancement. These scholarships will be credited to each students’ UBill in January the Spring semester.
Court Responsibilities: Attendance at 2023 Homecoming events is required.
The Directors of Student Engagement will provide a list of required events upon selection for Homecoming Court. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.